Diamond performs oil, gas and other minerals lease acquisition throughout the United States along with the obtaining of title curative items, which are often necessary. We have many knowledgeable and experienced landmen who realize that when a mineral owner grants a lease on their minerals to a company, they are placing a trust in that company and essentially forming a partnership in the prudent development of a family asset.
Diamond has a great number of well-qualified landmen with many years of experience running title in all of the oil and gas producing states in the country. Many of the people at Diamond have been with the company for more than 10 years, some more than 20, and a few of us more than 30! While we don’t profess to “know it all”, we have definitely been exposed to nearly every title situation that can arise in mineral title. Many of the landmen working for Diamond have law degrees, which gives them a solid education background for working with mineral title issues.
Right of Way
Diamond is well-versed in the acquisition of right of way agreements for pipelines, roads, drillsites and other oil and gas related situations requiring access or easements. Many of the people working in this department have farming and ranching backgrounds themselves so they understand first-hand the issues that can arise in these situations.
Diamond has worked on a number of unitization projects, some of them quite large, over the years. We are very familiar with the requirements and exhibits needed for the regulatory hearings. Our people also have experience with and an understanding of what unitization is all about, which enables them to properly inform mineral rights owners in order to obtain the required consents.
Acquisition Due Diligence
Diamond has done numerous lease and well acquisition due diligence projects, both large and small. We are very experienced with all aspects of the processes, including title verification, file examination, records examination and all courthouse related requirements.
We perform mineral (but not surface) appraisals for minerals located throughout the United States. Depending on the size of the project, most appraisals can be completed within 2-4 weeks from the date ordered. The cost of the appraisal will depend on the number of tracts being evaluated, their proximity to producing and/or drilling wells, and the completeness of the information provided. If you would like to place an inquiry for an appraisal, please send the following information to email@example.com :
An invoice for services will be sent with the appraisal. If the number of net acres is not known, we can provide a 'per acre' appraisal. If you do not have access to email, the information may be mailed or faxed.
- Complete land descriptions with net acres per tract, if known.
- The 'as-of' date for the appraisal (current vs. a date in the past, possibly a date of death)
- The name of the mineral owner, as well as the name and address of where the appraisal is to be sent.
- The purpose for which the appraisal is being requested.
- The terms of any active mineral leases, with regards to royalty
- If you do not have access to email, the information may be mailed or faxed.
Qualifications of Appraiser
Tod G. Maleckar, Certified Professional Landman
||Tod was born in Salt Lake City, Utah and raised in Tempe, Arizona. He lived in Williston, North Dakota from 1980 until 2011 and is currently living in Castle Rock, Colorado. He is married and has two daughters.
||1976-1980 Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
Bachelor of Science, Quantitative Business Analysis, with honors
||Numerous seminars in order to maintain 50 continuing education credits, including 2 ethics credits, every 5 years since 1988
- "Oil and Gas Developments in Western North Dakota", Presentation to Northwest Estate Planning Council (Oct., 2006)
- Testified in Senate subcommittee - 2007 Legislative Session in support of Senate "Bakken" drilling incentive bill
- "Oil and Gas Leasing in the Williston Basin", Presentation to North Dakota Land Title Association (Sept., 2007)
- "Oil and Gas Lease Provisions & Title Issues", Landman Seminar (Jan, 2009)
- American Association of Professional Landmen, 1986-Present
- Certified Professional Landman, 1988-Present
- Landman's Association of North Dakota (LAND), 1984-Present
- President, LAND, 1994-1996
- Board of Directors, LAND, 1996-1999
- Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, Legal Committee, 1992-2000
Diamond has handled many seismic and drillsite permitting projects. We also have extensive experience with BIA (Tribal and Allotted) lease acquisition. If your project is oil and gas related, there is a good chance we’ve done it before!